Online application using a form or by e-mail
Online application using a form
- Open application or link to a specific job opening
- Carefully complete all required fields (some pages may have a session timeout, remember to save your work!)
- Prepare everything you need before getting started
- Use open text fields to bring out your own personality
- Print a copy of the application for yourself
- Be proactive, show that you are motivated and interested
Set aside enough time to complete the application carefully!
Template for an e-mail application
Recipient, including title
Reference to information source/job advertisement or past telephone conversation
- Why are you applying for this position at this organisation, why does it interest you.
- Make a good initial impression to ensure that the recipient reads the entire application.
- Take the recipient into consideration in choosing your style of writing, but don't be afraid to let your personality show.
- A concise introduction of you, your background and your current situation
- Your skills and competences relevant to the job being applied for, which you have acquired through education and experience
- Your working style, something about your personality and characteristics, other competences related to work (teamwork skills, leadership skills, organisational skills)
Write your application based on the requirements listed in the job advertisement to show that you meet them. Help the reader to see why you should be selected for an interview. Try to come across as an active person. Use concrete examples to highlight your skills and competences.
If the job advertisement or other source indicates that expected salary should be mentioned in applications, specify it here. Your expected salary should be justified. Indicate that you are willing to discuss the position with the employer. If it is up to you to make the next move, indicate how you will contact the recipient in this last paragraph.
Use a closing such as "Best regards" or "Yours sincerely" based on your own judgment.
Name in block letters
Others (only those work samples or copies of degree certificates requested)