Drafting a job application
Points to remember when writing a job application:
A job application answers the following questions:
• Who are you?
• What position are you applying for?
• Why are you applying for this position (your motivation)?
• What can you do, what experience do you have?
• What do you want to learn?
• What kind of person are you, how do you work?
• When can you start?
• Expected salary (if requested)
• References (if requested)
What kind of job application and CV do employers appreciate?
• All the necessary information is clearly and unambiguously presented
• Clean look, no mistakes
• Job application and CV have been customised for the position in question
• Your motivation for this specific position is clearly expressed and justified
• Your personality shines through, but not excessively
• You use the application methods and procedures specified in the job advertisement